My boyfriend doesn't have food allergies and isn't particularly a figurehead for "eating real food," that being said he does enjoy a good green juice and Whole Foods Market Garlicky Kale Salad from the pre-made food department. This salad varies from store to store // region to region. For some reason in Bay Area (CA) locations it's phenomenal and only filled with REAL ingredients, however in Miami (FL) locations it's filled with cornstarch and other funny additives. The good news is that the dressing can be made in your own home now and it is BEYOND easy to throw together if you have a food processor or some type of blending device (little Nutri bullet work great for this).
[Makes 1 cup of goodness]
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemons (for juice)
- Liquid soy aminos
- Nutritional yeast
- Preheat over to 400F ONLY if you want to use roasted garlic, this recipe was originally created for raw garlic but we have found that too much of the raw garlic (we love the flavor) can cause an upset stomach
- Seal about 1/3 of a head of garlic, skin on, in some tinfoil, roast for 25 minutes, let cool, and squeeze out of skin
- If you are choosing raw garlic, mince about a 1/4 of a head of garlic
- Throw your garlic (roasted or raw), 4 tablespoons of tahini, 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of liquid soy aminos, and 8 tablespoons of nutritional yeast into your food processor or mini blending appliance
- Process, mix, blend until smooth and it's ready!
- *If you need a bit more acidity to tone down the tahini flavor, try adding a teaspoon or so of rice vinegar :)
Enjoy with literally all the vegetables. To make Garlicky Kale just like the one at Whole Foods, de-stem one bunch of dino kale, chop it up into 1/4 inch shreds, pour dressing and massage your kale (start with 4-5 tablespoons and add more to taste if needed), let sit for a couple hours if time is on your side and then dig in! This dressing is also a fabulous topper for any meal bowl, an amazing roasted veggie dip, and a perfect savory drizzle over any grain.
Hope you love it as much as my love + I do!