My sister is the QUEEN of quick and easy, but totally yummy, recipes. Stealing a page from her mental cookbook here and sharing the most perfect comfort food and simple enough for a weeknight meal. Curry fish can be paired with almost any veggies or grain (though I often opt for broccoli and brown rice) and it's a done deal in under a half hour. Please do yourself a favor before making and double check your coconut milk. This dish tastes WAY better with a full-fat variety; but more importantly, there are a lot of funky things that hide in non-dairy milks. Make sure there are no extra preservatives, additives you can't pronounce, etc. Okay, now that you're armed with the info, get to it and make this yummy thing!
[Makes approx 4 servings per lb of fish]
Shopping // Pantry List:
- White fish (I used 3/4 of a pound of wild cod from my local Whole Foods Market as I'm only cooking for 2!)
- Curry powder
- Chili flakes
- Coconut milk
- Cut your fish into serving sizes
- Prep your sides (because the dish only takes 15 mins!!)
- Heat pan to medium
- Add enough oil to coat + chopped garlic
- Sprinkle the pan with curry powder
- Add your fish pieces to lightly sear on one side
- Sprinkle more curry powder (about a tablespoon) over your fish
- Throw one can of full fat coconut milk in along with a light dusting of salt
- Turn heat down, throw a lid on it, and leave the fish to simmer for 15 mins
- Plate fish pieces, return pan with curry to heat, add chili flakes and bring to a boil for a couple minutes to reduce the liquid a touch, the result: a perfect curry sauce for your dish.
I hope this dish bring a fun spin on comfort food to your kitchen! It is kid AND boyfriend approved. So you know it's good. We enjoyed our tonight with brown rice and roast broccolini//red peppers.