I can't be the only one who loves the smell of a good curry. Fill your house with absolute goodness in literally minutes with a little help from a secret spice kit I found hidden on the top of a shelf in the ethnic food aisle at Whole Foods. Note: This is not a sponsored post, I'm literally just OBSESSED with this stuff!! The kit is simply a blend of spices. No additives, no preservatives, no "Big 8" allergens or corn! They even include a basic recipe on the back of the packet. You can find my most recent variation of the recipe below. Note to Whole Foods Merchandisers: this stuff should really be at eye level, it's life changing.
- 1 easyIndian Tikka Masala spice package (or a comparable spice mix)
- 1+ lbs of uncooked chicken (or other protein, garbanzos would be awesome as a plant-based option!)
- 1 large zucchini squash
- 2 large tomatoes
- Can of coconut milk
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cube your protein (if choosing to eat plant based, prep those legumes!)
- Dice the tomatoes and squash
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium size saucepan and crank the heat to medium
- Add your spice pack, stir until it gets wet with oil
- Immediately add your tomatoes, coat them well with the spice mixture and cover your pan for 3 minutes
- Add your protein and squash the pan and coat them in the cooked down tomato/spice mixture
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of protein), stirring occasionally
- Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pour in 1/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- Stir and let simmer for a couple more minutes
Serve with a grain of choice. Honestly I think this dish would taste best with rice; however, I had (and usually always do have) sprouted quinoa on hand.
Have you tried this spice packet before? Or am I the only one who has discovered it yet? Give it a try or let me know what your favorite curry secret is!