This is the best late night treat...EVER. That is pretty much all that needs to be said. But to get you drooling I will go one. It's creamy, dreamy, melt in your mouth-y and full of good sh**. And by that, I mean veggies and possibly adaptogens if you keep your pantry stocked. As squash season is coming to an end (sad but not SO sad because it's finally starting to warm up), this very smoothie may quite possibly be the last of it's kind. HOWEVER, it could totally be made subbing squash with sweet potato, it just wouldn't be low fodmap. I'm hoping to reintroduce sweet potatoes in the very near future, but if you beat me to it, let me know how it tastes with the tater sub. And now, since there is absolutely no reason to wait any longer, go make this smoothie!
Ingredients // Pantry Items:
- Roasted kabocha squash a.k.a. japanese pumpkin (sub any squash or sweet potato you have on hand here) *note: though you can eat the peel, if you suffer from digestive issues like me, I recommend removing it. Easier on the tumtum!
- Frozen zucchini slices
- Nut milk - I used almond
- Nut or seed butter - I used sunflower
- Cacao powder
- Maca powder
- Hemp hearts
- Ashwagandha if you feel like it (note, this will change the flavor a bit)
- Add the following ingredients to your blender: 2 and a half wedges of kabocha squash (pretty much a heaping half cup of squash//sweet potato available) , about 1 small zucchini cut in pieces (this can be fresh or frozen), 1 cup of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seed butter, 1 teaspoon hemp hearts, 1 teaspoon maca powder, optional: 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha
- Blend, blend, blend
- Optional: add ice if needed and blend again
- Serve in one tall glass (will make approx 12oz)
- Bonus points for topping with cacao nibs and your granola of choice!
Enjoy! Also, a quick life update. A No Whey Pup-pey is on the way! We pick our sweet pup up in Portland next weekend. So stay tuned for a No Whey Lady Takes Portland round-up and some V cute puppy pics...and maybe some puppy recipes, too :)
In good health + happiness!