Last week was an eventful one! My sister's wedding celebration took place last weekend, which meant her and her three kids, my two beautiful nieces and handsome nephew, flew in the week prior. Because they were visiting from Colorado, we obviously had a slumber party at the No Whey Loft! I originally made these kebabs for them because food on a stick is always more fun than normal food...however, this marinade has quickly turned into my favorite quick and easy summer weeknight recipe. It's so good, and so simple to make (under 5ish ingredients!!) I had share it with you.
Ingredients // Pantry items:
- 1-1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Dried parsley
- Avocado oil
- Salt + pepper
- Kebab sticks
- Soak wood kebab sticks in water (helps them not burn on the grill)
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon (about 1/4c) into a bowl
- Add minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of avocado oil, 1 heaping teaspoon of sumac, 1 heaping teaspoon of dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to the bowl of lemon juice and give it a whisk
- Place chicken thighs in a bag, pour marinade into bag, and evenly disperse and massage the chicken
- Leave chicken to marinade at room temperature for 30 mins or in the fridge for 3+ hours
- Take chicken thighs out and cut into cubes
- Skewer your chicken pieces and throw the kebabs on the grill until the chicken is cooked through
I recommend serving with veggie kababs (simply drizzle with olive oil and your favorite spices) and a fresh salad or kale chips for kiddos. If you're following a low fodmap diet, or have found that garlic just doesn't give with your system, simply omit the garlic or sub ginger. Enjoy!
P.S. these kebabs pair perfectly with the Green Goddess Dressing // Sauce I posted last week -- which let me tell you has become Nic's favorite dip. If you know my boyfriend, that means a lot. Not only is he a picky eater, but he is all about his sauce, and this sauce passed the test!