One pan meals are my go-to for dinner. My lunches are usually meal-prepped and put together like artwork (everyone needs a creative outlet...right?), but by the time I get home from work, walk the dog, and potentially do an evening workout I'm HUNGRY. No one has time for pretty when they're hungry borderline hangry. I typically throw a bunch of stuff into a skillet - some meal prepped, some raw - and hope for the best. I usually get lucky and the concoction is good...but just like smoothies, sometimes things can get a little weird when you just keep adding.
The below is a sure way to get a yummy meal in a flash. It literally takes 15 minutes and can be paired with so many different things, you won't get bored with the leftovers. Ready?
Ingredients // Pantry items:
- 1 eggplant
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a bunch of dino kale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Avocado oil
- Vinegar of choice
- Nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the eggplant (into cubes), zucchini (into halved slices), garlic, parsley, and dino kale (be sure to destem it!)
- Coat pan with a high heat oil (I use avocado oil) and throw in diced eggplant
- Sautee eggplant until browned on all sides
- Add zucchini pieces and garlic along with a bit more oil and stir frequently to ensure even cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Add chopped dino kale to the pan and give it all a good mix
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vinegar (I used ACV but balsamic would be great here) and stir
- Shake as much nutritional yeast as you would like (or none if it's not your thing)
- Slice cherry tomatoes while the pan finishes cooking
- Finally, top the pan with the tomatoes and parsley and voila!
I've been enjoying this one with quinoa and tahini drizzles, but it would be fabulous with any grain or pasta. Whole 30-ers, this would be delicious with any ground meat (thinking ground bison or turkey in particular) you may have one hand in the fridge.